Welcome to Ms. Coots’ Fourth
Dear Students and Parents,
I am so excited to let you know that you are going to be in Ms. Coots’ fourth grade class for the 2019-2020 school year. I want to welcome you to the yellow south pod! I am looking forward to our first day together, Wednesday, August 7th, 2019. This is my 14th year teaching and all years have been at SCES. I taught 3rd grade for 11 years and this will be my 3rd year teaching 4th grade. I look forward to meeting my new class! During the summer, I enjoy spending time outside with my two children Reid, who will be in 5th grade, and Ellie, who will be in 1st grade.
I will be your Math and Science teacher and your Reading and Writing teacher this year will be Mrs. Atcher. In Reading you will explore the Canadian Wilderness with Brian Robeson, experience the ups and downs of fourth grade with Peter Warren and his little brother Fudge, and you will explore the depths of the Atlantic Ocean on our search for the Titanic. All of these wonderful adventures are going to be brought to you by reading!
In Math you will add and subtract large numbers, multiply multi-digit numbers, learn long-division, and learn all about fractions and decimals! In Science you will build circuits, learn about fossils and animal adaptations, and design and conduct your own experiments!
During your fourth grade school year we will also be utilizing many different types of technology to enhance our learning experience.
I hope that you will continue to read over the summer in order to maintain your reading growth from this school year. I want to challenge each student to take an AR test on the first day of school! Also, students can practice multiplication facts over the summer in order to reduce frustration and increase speed and accuracy when we come to our multiplication and division units. I look forward to getting to know all of my students and have fun learning and making new friends! I hope that you have a great summer, and I can’t wait to get the year off to a great start in August!
Please join me at SCES’s Open House for grades 1-5 on August 5th from 5:30-7:00p.m. to kick off a great school year. You may bring your school supplies that night. Have a fabulous summer!
Your Fourth Grade Teacher,
4th Grade Supply List
(Ms. Coots and Mrs. Atcher)
- Backpack (one that a winter coat can fit inside)
- Plastic folders - labeled as follows: RIT-blue, Math-red, ELA- yellow, Writing- green, Science- orange, ACES- free choice
- **1 set of earbuds/headphones labeled with container (i.e. travel soap container from the dollar store to store their earbuds. EARBUDS/headphones are VERY important for your child to have. )**
- 1 pair of scissors labeled with your child’s name
- 2 composition notebooks
- 1 pack of 24 Crayola crayons
- 1 pack of markers
- 1 -4 pack of expo markers (black)
- 72 number 2 pencils
- 1 pack of 4 highlighters (multi-colored)
- 2 packs of cap erasers
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 container of Lysol wipes
- 1 pencil pouch labeled with your child’s name (no boxes)
- 2 packs of 4 glue sticks
- Girls bring: 1 pack of Ziploc bags (gallon size), 1 box of Band-Aids
- Boys bring: 1 pack of Ziploc bags (quart size), 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- *All of your child’s personal classroom items such as crayons, markers, scissors, etc. need to fit inside of their pencil bag.
*The Health Fair and Readifest is on July 27 from 9-11 am at SCHS. Many of these items can be found there for free*
?Wish List For SCES Health Room Supplies
Ziploc sandwich, quart, or gallon-sized baggies, Dixie cups, Kleenex, Antibacterial wipes, paper towels, and 4-6 ounce cups