Family Resource Center Mission
The Family Resource Center (FRC) connects students and families with the resources they need to develop self-sufficiency and a healthy, academically supportive home environment.
FRC serves children from birth through age 12 (elementary schools) and provide programs and services including:
- Referrals with full time pre-school.
- Referrals with after school child care for ages 4-12.
- Families in Training for new and expecting parents through parent groups and community programs.
- Parent and Child Education to enhance parenting skills and education for parents and children.
- Health Services and Referrals to health services.
- Educational support.
Youth Service Center Mission
The goal of the Youth Service Center (YSC) is to connect students and families with the resources they need to promote academic achievement, healthy lifestyles, and future success.
The YSC provides:
- Referrals to health & social services.
- Employment counseling, training and placement.
- Summer and part-time job development.
- Drug and alcohol abuse education/counseling.
- Family crisis and mental health counseling.
- Educational Support.
Backpack Buddy Program
The Backpack Buddy program is designed to assist families that have food needs. Students are provided with a bag full of single serving, non-perishable food items that will feed them for an entire weekend.
Students are referred to the program by cafe' staff, school staff or parental request. Currently, we are serving 111 students at TES. However, we do serve all Spencer Co. schools through a collaboration with the Youth Service Center at the Middle and High School, approximately 280 students are served every week in the district.
This program if funded by food and monetary donations from the community, local churches, school staff and local business partnerships.
If you or someone you know is need of this program or would like to make a donation, please contact our office at 477-0199 or 477-3202.